CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, October 13, 2008

Crap!

I came down the stairs yesterday with laundry, and on my way to the washer and dryer, I discovered three puddles of what I thought was vomit, only it looked like soy sauce. I turned around and quickly discovered that there were two more piles (and a few dribbles) of the soy sauce (only a little thicker over here) on the carpet. Nooooooo! Diarrhea! Mace has been farting and whimpering a lot lately to go outside, so we've been letting her out. Well, apparently she has diarrhea seriously bad. She NEVER goes in the house--ever. Until now! So we have been taking her out like every 5 seconds, and went out for lunch yesterday, only to come home to another nasty pile, in the same spot that we had spent lots of time scrubbing. Gross! So we debated about what to do with her last night, and finally decided to put her in our bathroom for the night, where there's tile.
I woke up at 5 am to whimpers and weird noises, and opened the bathroom door to a horror scene! There were like 5 puddles of diarrhea, some had dribbles down the wall. It was just outrageous. And Christian was in a dead sleep, so it looked like it was up to me to clean up. It was terrible. How does our body (or a dog's body, I guess) produce so much mucus and froth in such a short amount of time??! So I finally told Christian we had to take her in and get her checked out. AND...the doctor gave us pepto for dogs! :( That was a $55 trip. He said she must have gotten into something. Agghh. Hopefully the meds help. Cause I don't think I can clean up another puddle.


The culprit:

2 comments:

joy said...

Gross!!! One time Walter got really sick in our room and finally jumped up onto our bed in the middle of the night to alert us of his condition. We woke up to numerous piles, one of which was nestled right in my Doc Martins.

Jenny said...

Sick! There were a couple times at night when I'd wake up to Tori making a weird sound, to quickly realize "oh crap, its the puke noise!" One particular time she scarfed her food in the morning when I got off work only to be so excitd that I was home that she ran around the house so much. She puked dog food up in the hall, and then when she started making the noise again I was in bed and jumped out as she was waiting by the door to go outside. In my hurry to unlock the door, I was fumbling around long enough that she puked right there on the carpet, right by the door. I just couldn't get that door open. Sick! With diarrhea like that, though, I think I'd have her outside for sure. do you have a yard?