CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Random

Wow, I usually wait to blog until I have pictures to post. Unfortunately, we can't find our camera cord so we can't download any photos :( Bummer. I've really been wanting to post pictures of our house. Lots of people have asked about it and want to see what it looks like. I really want to show it off, but can't :( Another day, I suppose!
Christian & I celebrated our 6 year anniversary on the 9th of March. 6 years has gone by really fast, it seems, and yet, it seems so far away (our wedding day). Life was sooo simple for us when we got married, and we thought it was hard! I carry a letter around in my wallet that Christian wrote me (an email, actually, that I printed off). He talks about how he hopes that this (him being away at war) is the hardest thing we will ever have to go through, and how it will make us stronger, and how we will surely face hardships down the road. It's so strange to read it because it's almost like he wrote it for the present, but God meant it to be read in the future. I pull it out every now and then and read it and think about our life. One of the things I really am bummed about is vacationing. We have lots of free time to go on little excursions, but Christian is quite limited in what he can physically do. The zoo? Lots of walking--too much. It seriously IS a lot to ask of him to take the kids to the zoo for the day. Multnomah falls? Lots of walking. Uphill. The beach? Sand is THE WORST surface for an amputee to walk on. His right leg's toe has to touch a hard surface, then is programmed to make his knee bend so he can take a step. Since sand is so forgiving, his leg doesn't kick, etc. etc. Anyway--Hawaii, Mexico anyone? All the things you do on these tropical vacations--swim, hike, sunbathe, walk, jetski.....hmph. I'm not trying to be a downer, but it really has got me down lately. People often say, "Just focus on all the things you CAN do." And that is terrific advice. And I do try to do that. But when you're trying to plan a vacation it gets kind of difficult with all these hurdles to consider, and how to get around them. I'm guessing we will just probably have to vacation with other couples, or with grandparents when we want to take the kids along...for extra help. It will all work out...and we CAN still do them, we will just have to do things a little differently, I guess.
My mom told me a while back that she couldn't think of a better match for me than Christian, and she couldn't think of a better person for Christian than me. That made me feel really good. I know that in my heart, but to hear someone else say it makes me feel so blessed. He really is a special man and a wonderful dad. Speaking of, Brynnie is starting to say words. Mainly, "Da da". I try to get her to say "Mama" and "Da da" comes out. She LOVES him, and Noah too (oh and me also). Soo precious. She's also waving now. What an absolute miracle!

Noah is also a joy in our lives. He talks CONSTANTLY and always asks questions like, "What would happen if a skunk ate a car?" or "What would happen if Brynne sat on the sun?? ...would she get an owie? Would the firetrucks have to come? What would she say?" These go on and on and onnnnn. I just try to soak it all in. He is so innocent and curious. He is totally discovering the world right now and I love watching him learn. :)
We are truly a blessed family!

1 comments:

Weasel clan said...

Melissa you make my eyes all damp! :) As I was reading your post I thought I'll go to the zoo with you! I know it is not the same as spending time with the man you love. If you guys want to take a vacay somewhere I would be more than willing to baby sit for you. You and Christian have been an awesome example for me and I truly value the both of you. I am a firm believer, now more than ever, that God puts people into our lives for a reason and you two are no exception. Love you lady! Be good to yourself!