CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Brynnie Jo :)

Her new nickname is Brynnie Jo :) Never really liked the middle name Jo, but it sorta fits with her :)

The latest with her, by the way, is that I'm going to the doc every 4 days. Haven't heard of anyone else going this often, but all due to the abnormal AFP scores for spina bifida. They discovered last week that my amniotic fluid is lower than it should be, so they will be measuring it again this Thursday. If it gets too low, they will start giving me things to get my cervix ready, then they will induce. I have to say, I'd really like to experience natural labor, on my own. No induction, please. Obviously I want whatever is best for the baby, and would love to be done with being pregnant, but I desperately don't want to be induced. It SUCKED with Noah. The contractions were more like A contraction. One, big, long contraction. I literally didn't get a break from them til I finally got my epidural. They actually were controlling them by turning my pitocin up and down. It's just not natural folks. Please pray that I will naturally go into labor. I'd like to feel what it feels like to have natural contractions, and to have them S-L-O-W-L-Y get closer and closer and stronger and stronger. Not just all the sudden TERRIBLE. So anyway. Yes. Natural labor please. I have a good friend who just had a baby girl two days ago. She said her contractions were, at the end, two minutes apart. Good grief--I'd be happy with two minutes apart! I didn't know labor was any other way.
Anyhoo--I'm 36 weeks on Friday. Can't believe I still have a month to go. I'm definitely nesting. Weird, cause I never really nested like this with Noah. Yesterday I was sweating (like, A LOT), moving from room to room and finding an never-ending list of things that needed to be done. There is just so much, it seems. I just want to be prepared!
I had a baby shower at church on Sunday, and another one at work today, then I have one on Saturday for family and friends. Wow! What a blessing. So far we have a ton of clothes for her. Still need oodles but we'll figure it out. Not as anxious about that part as the first time around, which is pretty normal I guess.
Anyway--I'm rambling now. Just wanted to post how things are going with our baby girl. Can't wait to meet you, Brynnie!

1 comments:

joy said...

What an exciting time!!! I remember it well. Such anticipation. Well- whatever happens with labor, the end result is the same. You'll have such a prize at the end. Maybe she won't be as big as Noah! Have fun at your showers. Wish I could be there!