Oh my goodness, we have been BUSY!
In the last few weeks a lot has happened...I turned 27! And was greeted with a brand new purple Trek bike, which is AWESOME (although I haven't had the chance to ride it yet). Mother's day...that was special, and it was really special this year because my gaga and papa came up from Las Vegas for it. They will be here until tomorrow so my days and nights have been filled with them and what they've been up to. Everyone else is working so they've been at my mom's all by themselves, so me and Noah have been visiting :)
My work is going well...they just asked me to pick up another day or 1/2 day. I agreed to another 1/2 day, but that should be good. I like my time with Noah and the thought of someone else watching him grow while I answer phones is not appealing. But, I like the work and the people are really nice.
Christian starts a new job with The Dalles Police Department on June 2. It is part time, M-F 8-12. Perfect. I am really glad for him. He will be doing office work, and the position is only temporary, but he's hoping to get his foot in the door and show his good work ethic. Maybe this might lead to another more permanent position? That's what we're hoping!
As for our lot search, we agreed on a lot in Hood River that is .65 acres and we are waiting for it to close. It doesn't look like it will allow for an unfinished basement, but we kind of decided today that that is ok. Long story short, some lots would have to have an unfinished basement underneath them. With no mortgage, C and I were planning on saving our money and finishing out the basement. That would turn our 2100 sq. foot home into a 4200 square footer! W-O-W! More than we need, we know. But we had visions of a huge play room for Noah...the toys could be forever scattered and I woudn't have to worry about it...a pool table, etc. But then we realized that no mortgage in itself is HUGE blessing, and we are taking a step back to remember how blessed we are. Basement or no, it will be AWESOME!
So here's hoping!
I will try to post some pics of all this when I have more time!
I'm off for now :)
On Why I Left
1 year ago

0 comments:
Post a Comment