CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, April 3, 2009

Tired but happy!

Well I started work this week, on Wednesday! Boy am I tired! My first day was hard, because Noah has been sick since last Thursday and he SCREAMED when I was getting ready to leave. He wanted me to hold him and would scream when I put him down. On top of that, since he was sick, I didn't feel right taking him to daycare, so Christian was stressed because of the whole stay-at-home dad feeling he had in the pit of his stomach. So, I left for my first day with tears rolling down my cheeks and Noah's hysterical sobs ringing in my ears. I couldn't concentrate very well for the first few hours, wondering how things were going. But, work was great and the people are great so far. I feel like I'm picking things up quickly and getting settled in!
The night I got home (Wednesday) Noah was still sick and everyone was stressed out. I was tired and just getting ready to go to bed, around 10...I was getting my lunch ready and heard Noah crying. Soooo....come to check on him and console him, and he would NOT stop. He cried for two hours straight, after orajel, tylenol, and gas drops. I could tell he was in pain, and didn't like laying on his side or back. He wanted to sit up. We tried feeding him, giving him water....pretty much everything. He even fell asleep a few times but then woke up crying a few minutes later. So at midnight we decided to take him to the ER. I just knew something was wrong. He never ever cries like that. He was inconsolable. I had the sneaking suspicion he had an ear infection. He wasn't really pulling at his ears or anything, but...I just felt like that's what was wrong.
So, two hours later at 2 am, we head home with the diagnosis: ear infection. A bad one, too. So he'll be on antibiotics for the next 10 days, but he is much better. Still has a runny nose and a pretty bad cough, which I'm beginning to get, but I can tell he's not in pain. Thank the Lord! I guess you can call it mommy intuition. :)
My second day of work was great besides the fact that I only got 4 hours of sleep. It was hard when I got home last night. I fell into bed at 8pm and slept soundly. If you know me, you know I'm a 9 hour-a-night kinda gal. At least, folks. At least 9 hours. So yesterday was tough. Today I feel recovered and work went really well. I really really like the people I work with so far. I will be happy when it's just Thursdays and Fridays. I know I probably sound like a wimp to all those gals out there who are full-timers, but it's been over a year since I've worked, and I am finding that I REALLY enjoy my time with Noah, more than I was aware of! I missed him this week...a lot. But getting away is also good for me...I feel as if I'm contributing to our financial situation and it gives me a chance to miss Christian, and also to meet other women (potential friends?)
Anyway, so I'm happy with things. I am so thankful for this job. My co-worker said that a TON of people applied for this job, too. So that makes me feel good (and super grateful).
So...I'm rambling. That's the latest update.

1 comments:

joy said...

That sounds great! It will get easier as you guys get into the swing of things. Hang on!