Did I mention that all of us, along with pretty much anyone and everyone I know, were totally sick and out for the count last week?
It began at MOPS. I go to MOPS at a local church here every 1st and 3rd Thursday of the month. One of the gals who attends has a little girl who also goes (along with Noah).
In her blog, she stated that her daughter had thrown up all over the car on the way home from MOPS. I thought to myself, "Hmm...Noah's never thrown up...I wonder if now is the time." Sure enough, Saturday night, we had friends over for pizza, and Noah kept lifting up his little shirt and pointing to his tummy. I kept saying, "Yes! That's your tummy! ...can you say 'tummy'?!" Well, I put him down to bed at about 7:45 pm, and Christian decided he was going to bed at about 8:15pm. He had been up riding the night before (reserve policemen) and was way tired. So I figured I'd get ready for bed, too. Normally I go to bed at about 10:30 and check on Noah right before I do, but I decided to check on him early. So I open his bedroom door and immediately the sickeningly sweet and sour vomit smell wafts out. Ughhh. He had puked, in his sleep, and continued to sleep and roll around in it. It was all over his face, in his ears, hair, down his pajamas, all over his stuffed animals and blankies. Every.where. So Christian had to put his legs on so he could clean up the mess while I bathed Noah, who was puking. And puking. And puking. He proceeded to puke until about 11:45, when I finally decided to take him to the ER. The poor little guy was just exhausted. He could hardly hold his head up. And I was rocking him the whole time. To top it all off, he was afraid of the puke bowl and kept pushing it away, so I ended up just having him puke into a towel. Eight puke soaked towels later, he was still going.
So my mom and I sat in the ER for a few hours (coulda been way longer, I know) and they gave him some stuff to stop the vomiting. Along with the most precious little baby hospital gown EVER. Open in the back and everything. I could have died, it was so precious. Because once he got the anti-nausea pill, he was his happy peppy self, and was beebopping around the ER in that little gown. Precious.
Well next it was my turn. Started feeling sick Monday night, and puked all through the night. Then it was Christian. Oh, and my mom also got sick, same time as me.
*Note to Jen--(if you're even reading this)--I still wasn't as sick as the time you took me to the hospital. Gosh, never have I been sicker than that.
Anyway, so thankfully, we're all much better now, although something is going on with Noah, I think. He's been SUPER fussy lately. Since being sick, I mean. I'm wondering if he has an ear infection or something, but he's showing no other signs of one. I'm not quite sure what to make of it. We shall see.
On Why I Left
1 year ago

2 comments:
OHHHH! That's awful. I remember when Ian was sick for the first time. He was so lifeless and pale looking. I felt so bad watching his little body hurl up chunks.
I pray you guys are all done with it. And it is a glorious day when they can use a puke bowl.
P.S. I have a train cake pan if you want to use it. I just used fondant on top and made it look like Thomas. YOu could totally do it.
Eew! Troy hasn't hit the puking part yet, though he did have his first cold a few weeks ago, which was no fun. That sucks you all had the nasty flu. I hear the flu hits its hardest this time of year, Feb and Mar. Well, I'm glad it wasn't bad enough to get YOU to the ER again. That was a nightmare for you. Hope your fam gets feeling better soon. PS- not that I have experience in ear infections, but my friend's daughter had one, and got it after being sick. She was really fussy afterwards too.
Post a Comment